Last updated: May 25, 2018
What are web cookies?
Although this Policy refers to the general term “cookie,” which is the main method used by our website to store information, the browser’s local storage space is also used for the same purpose and we may use other tracking technologies through this website such as web beacons, clear GIFs, or pixel tags. We usually use such tracking technologies to count users who visit certain pages of our website and to deliver branded services as well as to help determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
As a result, the information included in this Policy is likewise applicable to all such tracking technologies that we use.
- To let you do things on our website—for example, cookies enable you to log in to secure areas of our website, fill in application forms or view content.
- To collect anonymous statistics—the information collected by cookies enables us to improve the website through use figures and patterns. For example, it is really useful to see which pages of the website—and therefore which of our services—are the most popular and how users are interacting with them.
- To improve your experience of our website—for example, to prevent you having to re-enter details when you have already done so, or by ensuring that users can find what they are looking for easily.
- To ensure that our website is secure—for example, to make sure that personal information that you give to us does not fall into the wrong hands.
- To provide you with information and content which we think is relevant to you—for example, to work with our partners to serve you with targeted advertising.
The table below provides more information about the cookies we use and why.
|Name of Cookie||Provider||Purpose of the Cookie||Duration|
|__cfduid||Cloudflare||Used to identify unique users.||24 hours|
|_ga||Used to identify unique users.||2 years|
|_gat||Used to limit the number of requests to Google’s servers. No data is stored.||1 minute|
|_gid||Used to distinguish users.||24 hours|
|_gat_gtag_[property_id]||Used to specify Google Analytics account.||1 hour|
|__utma||Used to distinguish users and sessions.||2 years|
|__utmc||Used to track new visitors.||temporary|
|__utmt||Used to throttle request rate.||10 minutes|
|__utmb||Used to identify unique users.||30 minutes|
|__utmz||Used to identify how user came to site.||6 months|
|_cb||Chartbeat||Used to distinguish users.||1 year|
|_cb_ls||Chartbeat||Used to distinguish users.||1 year|
|_cb_svref||Chartbeat||Used to distinguish users.||30 minutes|
|_chartbeat2||Chartbeat||Used to determine if and when user has been to site.||1 year|
|email_subscriber||OSF||Used to track if user comes to site via email newsletter link.||1 year|
|email_campaign||OSF||Used to track campaign ID of email newsletter. A campaign ID is a unique identifier tied to each email newsletter.||1 year|
|email_campaign_repeat||OSF||Used to track campaign ID of email newsletter for repeat visitors. A campaign ID is a unique identifier tied to each email newsletter.||1 year|
|__unam||ShareThis||Used to track user clicks and views.||1 year|
|__sharethis_cookie_test__||ShareThis||Used to test for cookies.||temporary|
OSF also uses some cookies which are strictly necessary in order for you to use our services available on our website.
Website cookie acceptance
Turning cookies off
Click on the links below to find out how to change your cookie settings in:
Updating this Policy