On Thursday, the United Way of Central Maryland Changemaker Challenge event, where local changemakers presented their ideas and many were selected to received grants to support their work. Several OSI Community Fellows were among the grant recipients, including:
- B-360, founded by 2018 OSI Fellow Brittany Young ($25,000)
- Safe Alternative Foundation for Education, Inc., founded by 2014 OSI Fellow Van Jones ($25,000)
- Pivot, Inc., founded by 2018 OSI Fellow Emily Thompson ($15,000)
- Queer Crisis Response Unit, founded by 2020 OSI Fellow E.V. Yost ($10,000)
- Baltimore Youth Arts, founded by 2016 OSI Fellow Gianna Rodriguez
You can watch the entire Changemaker event and see the full list of awardees here.