In the coming days, OSI-Baltimore will announce the 20th cohort of our Community Fellows. Over the years, OSI, the Fellows selection committees, and program director Pamela King – who has overseen the program since its founding – have become experts at identifying passionate, committed Baltimoreans with great ideas. The result is a group of 180 Fellows (soon to be 190) that represents some of our city’s best and brightest innovators. Take this short quiz to see how much you know about them:
1. Which of the following organizations was started by an OSI-Baltimore Community Fellow?
B. The Book Thing of Baltimore
C. Wide Angle Youth Media
D. Fluid Movement
E. All of the Above
2. Which of the following Community Fellows was in the first cohort, in 1998?
A. Lawrence Brown, Professor at Morgan State University
B. David Hornbeck, Advancing Community Schools in Baltimore
C. David Miller, Dare to Be King
D. Lauren Abramson, Community Conferencing
E. Jacqueline Robarge, Power Inside
3. Which 2016 Community Fellow was recently featured in an episode of Baltimore native Mike Rowe’s “Returning the Favor” Facebook series that has 7.8 million views to date?
A. Eliseba Osore, ShareBaby Baby Pantry
B. Gianna Rodriguez, Baltimore Youth Arts
C. Melissa Badeker, Baltimore Teacher Supply Swap
D. J.C. Faulk, Circle of Voices
E. Deborah Ramsey, Penn North Violence Prevention
1. E – All of the Above. Thread was started by 2009 Fellow Sarah Hemminger, The Book Thing by 2000 Fellow Russell Wattenberg, Wide Angle Youth Media by 2001 Fellow Gin Ferrara, and Fluid Movement by 2002 Fellow Keri Burneston (AKA Trixie Little).
2. D – Lauren Abramson, founder of Community Conferencing, was in the first cohort of Fellows, in 1998. Lawrence Brown was a 2012 Fellow, David Hornbeck, also a 2012 Fellos, David Miller was in the second cohort, in 1999, and Jacqueline Robarge was a 2002 Fellow.
In honor of our 20th cohort of Community Fellows, we are gearing up for OSI’s first-ever #GivingTuesday campaign. We’ve set our target at signing up 200 new donors. We are relying on you to be our ambassadors and spread the word. Make sure you watch for the opening of the campaign, and of course, if you want to be one of the first ones to give for our “20 Years of Fellows” campaign you can give now: